Saturday, May 14, 2011

Waterfalls

Since moving to Hudson Heights, I've been doing trial workouts at various gyms in northern Manhattan and the Upper West Side. I'm trying to find one that has the right amenities at a fair price that's also easy to reach after work and on weekends.

This past week, I had a free seven-day pass to Crunch on West 83rd Street. One of the things I liked about it are the personal TVs on each piece of cardio equipment. Among the limited number of channels available were three dedicated solely to music videos -- one with '80s hits, one dubbed "Urban" and one called "Dance."

One evening this week, while I was on the elliptical, the Dance channel showed the video for TLC's mid-'90s hit "Waterfalls." I've had it on the brain ever since.

So, for this week's "YouTube clip for a peaceful weekend," cue T-Boz, Left Eye and Chilli.

Peace:



And, here's a cover:

2 comments:

Fran said...

That is such a great neighborhood - I love it up there.

Speaking of love, I love the song Waterfalls!!

How do you get to work now, that is what I am curious about!

Signed, Ms. Nosy Fran at work

Paul Snatchko said...

Hey, Fran! RE how I get to work:

I walk several blocks to the 1 train at either 181st Street or 191st Street and take it to Marble Hill (225th Street) in the Bronx. I then transfer to the Hudson Line MetroNorth train to Yonkers (only about a 10-minute ride).

Now, if I miss the MetroNorth train, I have to take the Westchester County Beeline bus to Getty Square in Yonkers. That takes at least 30 minutes.