Monday, August 08, 2011

Heaven Opens

I'm writing tonight from the Hyatt in Wichita, Kansas. I've been here since Friday to exhibit for my gig at the Midwest Catholic Family Conference.

It's our fifth visit to this annual event that draws moms, dads, grandparents and loads of kids and teenagers from Kansas, Missouri, Nebraska, Oklahoma and Texas.

I have been trying to think of a song related to Wichita or Kansas for this week's "YouTube clip for a peaceful weekend." Only one has come to mind -- and it's more a Hollywood creation than anything locally grown.

But, as it's already technically Monday, I better get to it. So, for this week's belated offering, below is the classic tune "Over the Rainbow."

Peace:



I chose the Ella Fitzgerald version because it includes the often-overlooked first verse:

"When all the world is a hopeless jumble,
and the raindrops tumble all around,
Heaven opens a magic lane.

"When all the clouds darken up the skyway,
there's a rainbow highway to be found.

"Leading from your windowpane,
to a place behind the sun,
just a step beyond the rain ... "

No comments: