Monday, April 06, 2020

COVID-19 Diary: Day 24

Dear Old Blog,

The father of an acquaintance of mine from New York City (a friend of a friend) died today due to COVID-19.

She wrote in a Facebook post:
I thought he would live to see 100. It is with the heaviest of hearts that I share my dad passed away today. Everyone said the same thing: 'he’s strong, he’s like a bull, if anyone can pull through, it’s him.' And for a moment there I really thought he would. Sadly, that was not the case. I’m heartbroken that we couldn’t be with him or talk to him but I will try to take comfort knowing that he is with my mom. I know he missed her terribly. Thank you everyone for the calls, messages and texts. But most of all, your prayers. Take care of yourselves. Be extra cautious. COVID19 is real.
COVID-19 is real.

Love,
Paul

No comments: