Thursday, May 27, 2010

Brayden Charles

What is your first memory?

What is the earliest moment of your own existence that you can clearly recall?

Mine is from October, 1981. I was five-year-old. The image is of the hallway of my maternal grandparents' house. The ceiling light was on. A brown clothes basket was on the floor (Grandma was a big laundry-doer).

It was on or around the day my sister Kristy was born. My brother Joey and I were staying there while my mom was in the hospital.

Fast forward:

This morning, as I was walking north on Mulberry Street toward the 6 train, I received the call that Kristy had just given birth to a new baby of her own.

Her son, Brayden Charles, was born at 8:06 a.m. He weighed in at 6 pounds, 3 ounces and was 19 inches long. Reports are that he is crowned with quite a bit of dark hair.

Brayden is a new brother for Ethan, age 6, and Mariah, age 1. He also is a new cousin for Aiden.

Welcome to the party, Brayden! May the Holy Spirit always be your guide.

The occasion calls for a tune. "What A Wonderful World" seems appropriate -- and here's an especially cute rendition:

1 comment:

Fran said...

Reading your post made me all weepy. I have memories from about age 2, believe it or not. They have been corroborated!

God bless your nephew Braden and God bless all of your family.

What a gift it is to know you!