Sunday, November 21, 2010

Fun and Persuasive

Some weeks back, over at Twitter, I stopped "following" another user. It wasn't a big deal. The man had tweeted something I found slightly offensive and I also wasn't interested in his usual topics. So, I utilized the "unfollow" option.

It happened that the man had activated an automatic tool that put all who unfollowed him into a list. In response to my "unfollow," he appealed to me by linking to my profile page and a clip of Smash Mouth performing their cover of the 1975 song "Why Can't We Be Friends?"

It was a clever move the quickly regained me as follower.

For this week's "YouTube clip for a peaceful weekend," here below is that fun and persuasive tune.

Peace:



An aside: I'm writing today from my mother's house outside of McDonald, PA. I'm in the finished attic that has been set up as a guest room.

I'm in Western Pennsylvania this weekend for an early Thanksgiving week visit. I'll be back in Gotham on Monday evening and for the rest of the week. (On Thanksgiving Day, I'm set to meet the steady's parents -- wish me luck.)

1 comment:

Fran said...

I know how charming, kind and good you are - you will not need any luck with the parents!

As for the Twitter incident, I like that story!