Saturday, September 04, 2010

The Age of Not Believing

Since I'm in Anaheim, home of Disneyland, it seems appropriate that this week's "YouTube clip for a peaceful weekend" be a song from a Disney film.

One of my favorite Disney movies is "Bedknobs and Broomsticks," the 1971 musical starring Angela Lansbury and David Tomlinson.

Of the Sherman Brothers' many fine tunes in the movie, perhaps most memorable is the tender ballad "The Age of Not Believing." It was nominated for an Academy Award for Best Song.

Here it is below for your consideration.

Peace:



Bonus: From a recital:

1 comment:

Victor S E Moubarak said...

I've never seen the film ... so thanx for the video clip. I'd like a bed like the one in the film; where can I buy one? If only you knew how long it takes to commute to London!!!

God bless.