Saturday, September 11, 2010

Prayer of Remembrance

I'm writing today from the Starbucks at the Galleria in Sherman Oaks, CA. I've been visiting the Los Angeles area all week (following the SCRC conference in Anaheim) to attend the wedding of an old college friend tomorrow in Burbank.

It's been a great visit. But as the other old college friend with whom I'm staying doesn't have wifi, my infrequent time on-line has been limited to checking e-mail and the social networking sites.

And, while I missed the chance to do my usual post about Sunday Mass, I didn't want today to pass without a note here at the blog that today is the ninth anniversary of the September 11, 2001, terrorist attacks upon the United States.

We must not forget.

Below, for this week's "YouTube clip for a peaceful weekend," is a rendition of J.S. Bach's setting of "Dona Nobis Pacem." It is posted as a prayer of remembrance for all those who were killed that horrible day, for all who mourn them, for our nation and for peace in our world.

Peace:

No comments: