Sunday, June 14, 2009

As Grain Once Scattered

I'm coming to you live from the airport in Atlanta, GA, while waiting for a flight back to LaGuardia.

I was here this weekend exhibiting for my gig at the Archdiocese of Atlanta Eucharistic Congress.

It's been a good visit. The Congress drew a very large and diverse crowd both in terms of ethnic background and age. I was especially impressed by the young adult gathering on Friday night.

But, with much respect for a Eucharistic Congress held on the vigil of Corpus Christi, a part of me did wish I could have been in Pittsburgh Friday night for the celebrations after the Penguins won the Stanley Cup championship in Game 7.

Congrats to the Penguins and everyone back in the City of Champions. Superbowl and Stanley Cup wins in the same year -- good news for a great city.

No comments: