Thursday, June 25, 2009

Man in the Mirror

In 1988, I turned 12 years old. It was a big year for my pre-teen self -- I transitioned from 6th Grade at McDonald Elementary School to 7th Grade at Fort Cherry Jr./Sr. High School.

In that final full year of the Reagan administration, I lived with my mother, brother and sister in the upstairs apartment of a little yellow-siding house on Grant Avenue. My favorite pastime was going to the library just down the block.

And, hands down, my favorite song of 1988 was the Michael Jackson hit "Man in the Mirror." If memory serves, I even had a black t-shirt with the King of Pop's face on the front.

I couldn't helping thinking of that tune today following the news of M.J.'s death at age 50.

So, for old times sake, here is "Man in the Mirror" for this week's "YouTube clip for a peaceful weekend." May the voice behind it rest in peace.

Peace:

1 comment:

Casey said...

Great post, perfect song for today. MJ has finally made it home and found peace.

Bless the Lord.