Friday, September 25, 2009

On The Road

I'm writing this morning from Jacksonville, Florida. I've been here since Wednesday exhibiting for my gig at the National Council of Catholic Women conference.

The past week has been both busy and hazy (thanks to a first cold of autumn '09). Here's a little round-up:

Last Friday morning, we had a very enjoyable "bloggers breakfast" at The Flame diner on 9th Avenue at 58th Street. Here's a shot of yours truly with Mike and Fran:

It was great to meet Fran in person!


That evening, I flew home to Western Pennsylvania for a quick weekend visit. On Saturday, we went to the Pitt game at Heinz Field. Courtesy of Ed, here's how Downtown Pittsburgh looked from our seats:

There were post-game fireworks:

On Sunday, at St. Patrick Church in Canonsburg, PA, I was blessed to serve as the Godfather at the baptism of Nora Louise Welch. Here's a shot of yours truly with Nora and her dad, my old high school buddy, John:

Had it not been for all of the travel and cold medicine, I would have blogged about the G-20 in Pittsburgh this week.

Yesterday's New York Times had an article about how the summit is a mixed blessing for the Steel City.

2 comments:

Casey said...

You look great! Congratulations!

Paul Snatchko said...

Thanks!