Friday, April 09, 2010

Joyful Music

This week, I was in Minneapolis, MN, for the National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA) convention. It was the fourth time I exhibited for my gig at this large annual gathering of Catholic educators.

Minneapolis is a good small city. In fact, I think the flavor and architecture of its Downtown has quite a bit in common with the 'Burgh. (This was my second visit to the Twin Cities. I was last there over New Year's 2001-2002 for an NCSC conference.)

The Easter Week Masses at the convention were very good. I was grateful for local high school ensembles that provided joyful music at each.

The liturgical music composer David Haas was on hand for Wednesday's Mass. Haas' tune "You Are Mine" has become a standard for many Catholics.

Below is one Dominican sister's live take on "You Are Mine" for this week's "YouTube clip for a peaceful weekend." (Some words of Henri Nouwen are in there as well.)

Peace:

1 comment:

Fran said...

I love that! Thanks.