Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Pull an Angelina

In what I think is a first since I began the series in October, 2007, I did not post an installment last week of the "YouTube clip for a peaceful weekend."

Mea culpa, mea culpa, mea máxima culpa.

Well, not really. I was on the road again sans laptop for another long weekend. This time I was in Western Pennsylvania for the 15-year reunion (a year late, by tradition) of the Fort Cherry High School Class of 1994. We convened Saturday for a family picnic at Mingo Creek County Park and an after-party at Cadillac Ranch.

Friday afternoon, en route on a JetBlue flight from JFK to PIT, I had the chance to listen to some XM Satellite Radio. (Why don't all planes have in-seat, personal entertainment systems?)

One of the tunes I most enjoyed was Travis "Travie" McCoy's single "Billionaire" featuring Bruno Mars.

I don't endorse the song's message or it's greedier lyrics (which certainly don't jive with the "treasure in heaven" message of Matthew 19 in the daily Mass readings yesterday and today).

But, "Billionaire" has a Mraz-esque mellow beat that's rather catchy. So, for your consideration, here it is as a belated "YouTube clip for a peaceful weekend." (Advance apologies for the F-bombs.)

Pax:

No comments: