Wednesday, September 10, 2008

In Memoriam: Mr. Noll, 1943 - 2008

Today's Observer-Reporter brings the sad news of the death of Richard Noll, one of my high school English teachers and the advisor to our student newspaper, The Pinnacle.

Mr. Noll will long remain in the memory of two or three generations of Fort Cherry High School alumni. In particular, many will recall the way he presented Shakespeare's "Hamlet" and "Macbeth" in the classroom.

Mr. Noll was one of those who sparked my early interest in writing and journalism -- my first byline was in The Pinnacle.

May he rest in peace.

1 comment:

Casey said...

Wow, Mr. Noll. I haven't thought of him in years. I can still hear his voice like it was yesterday . . . such a distinct dialect he had.

Our prayers go out to his family in this time of loss and pain. God be with you.