Friday, July 28, 2006

Sewers in Cecil

Also in the July 27 edition of the Observer-Reporter was John Richard's report on how and when the bonds will be issued for the Millers Run Road Sewerage Project in Cecil Township. This $19-million project will mean approximately $6,000 tap-in fees (!) for many homeowners. Residents of housing plans with existing sewers will pay half that amount.

If I am elected to the PA House on November 7, I pledge to assist residents of the project area apply for USDA Rural Utility Service grants that may help with the tap-in fees. At a recent Cecil Township Municipal Authority meeting which I attended, authority administrator Dennis Bell said applications for these grants are available in his office at the township building.

If I am elected, I anticipate that the members of my staff and I would become expert in filling out these grant applications and the criteria for selection. This would be the case for infrastructure projects throughout the 46th District. In my opinion, helping constituents navigate the often confusing stream of government grants is one of the most important parts of a state representative's job.

No comments: