Monday, September 17, 2007

flickr Love

On Saturday afternoon, I attended the wedding of Brian Staszel, my high school classmate / college roommate.

It was a beautiful outdoor ceremony held in front of a pond at Lingrow Farm, just outside of Leechburg, PA. The sun came out just as the couple said their vows.

Brian and his new wife met on flickr. So, it's probably fitting that you check out photos of the wedding here, here, here and here.

The minister who officiated the nuptials included a beautiful passage from the Song of Songs (or "Song of Solomon"). I think this was it:

Set me as a seal on your heart,
as a seal on your arm;
For stern as death is love,
relentless as the nether world is devotion;
its flames are a blazing fire.

Deep waters cannot quench love,
nor floods sweep it away.
Were one to offer all he owns to purchase love,
he would be roundly mocked.

2 comments:

Stasarama said...

Thank you for the post Paul. I am sure there are a lot of people out there I have neglected to email or call with the news. Thanks for helping to spread the word, thank you for coming and I hope you had a great time.

Stasarama said...

A clarification I should have made a while ago - we met at a party hosted by group associated with Flickr, not on Flickr itself. Not that there's anything wrong with that! :)