Tuesday, June 24, 2008

12 - 5

Tonight, while I was on the elliptical at the gym, I was flipping through the channels on the machine's TV and happened upon the Yankees playing the Pirates at PNC Park.

I was pleasantly surprised to get the chance to see a game out of Pittsburgh and watch the teams of my two cities square off against each other in interleague play.

According to the Post-Gazette, it was the first time the Yanks played in Pittsburgh since the 1960 World Series. The paper also reports that the game drew the third largest crowd ever to PNC Park.

The Pirates bested the Yankees 12 - 5.

I admit I haven't been following baseball at all this year so I was pleased to learn the Pirates are only a few games away from the .500 mark. (To put how notable this is into perspective, the Bucs haven't finished a season above .500 since the year I got my driver's license -- and I'm turning 32 next month!)

Go, Bucs!

No comments: