Saturday, October 24, 2009

Dallas

Thursday to Saturday afternoon, I was in Dallas, TX, exhibiting for my gig at the University of Dallas Ministry Conference.

This was only my third visit to Texas and my first time in Dallas. (I'll concede I had the musical theme for the TV series "Dallas" in my head several times during the visit.)

Friday, during an afternoon break, we walked from the convention center to Dealey Plaza, the location of the assassination of President John F. Kennedy in November, 1963. It was surreal to stand in the same place where Abraham Zapruder filmed the shooting.

Friday evening, the conference hosted a concert by John Michael Talbot. The performance was both mellow and spiritually invigorating.

Here is a clip from another JMT concert that was similar to what we saw in Dallas:

No comments: