Tuesday, January 12, 2010

"A Middle-of-the-Road Kind of Guy"

Telling passage from an article in Monday's New York Times about public skepticism toward the health care reform bill:

Ron Vaughn, who provides health insurance to his 60 employees at Argonaut Wine and Liquor near the state Capitol, said: “I’m a middle-of-the-road kind of guy. I want the Democrats out of my pocket and Republicans out of my bedroom. The one word I would use for what’s going on in Washington is embarrassing. I am embarrassed for Republicans and for Democrats. They started out on the right foot, but it’s degenerated.

“Republicans misled people and tried to scare seniors by putting out misinformation about death panels,” Mr. Vaughn said. “Then to pass a bill in the Senate, Democrats stooped to bartering for votes. It demeans the whole process.”

Or, to borrow from Mercutio, "A plague a' both your houses!"

1 comment:

Fran said...

Well put!