Thursday, May 13, 2010

Recording a Visit

I was remiss earlier this week in doing my usual post related to Sunday Mass.

Even though the week has nearly gone by, I did want to record that I went to the 8:30 a.m. (!) liturgy with my maternal grandmother at our hometown parish, St. Alphonsus Church in McDonald, PA.

Sunday was the Sixth Sunday of Easter. The Gospel reading at Mass was from John Chapter 14. To my mind, the great take-away from the passage was Jesus' urging:

"Do not let your hearts be troubled or afraid."

(Sixth Sunday of Easter Flashbacks: 2009, 2008 and 2007.)

I was in Western Pennsylvania Saturday afternoon to Monday evening for a Mother's Day visit (hence the carnation above). It was a enjoyable time spent visiting family and friends.

An especially nice part of the visit was getting to better know some of the bumper crop of recent additions, including Aiden, Mariah, Nora, Lucy and my cousin Casey's youngest son, Nicholas.

God speed, little ones, for all of those first steps and new teeth! Know that you are always in the prayers of your uncle/Godfather/cousin in the Big Apple.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

One blog led to another, which led to this blog from the "Burgh." I am so glad to see your blog, but I had to comment on the new additions to your family- my kids either have those names, or were ones we picked for future progeny. "My Mariah" wishes yours all the best.