Friday, September 03, 2010

On Blogging and Humility


I'm writing tonight from Anaheim, CA. I'm here through Sunday to exhibit for my gig at the Southern California Renewal Conference. It's my second visit to this annual gathering of Catholic charismatics and my eighth occasion exhibiting at the Anaheim Convention Center.

This week, back in Gotham, I was remiss in doing my usual post on the Sunday Mass readings. My persistent lack of blogging is due to a few reasons.

First, a somewhat negative cause: I've become addicted to Twitter. I've been won over by the possibilities of the micro-blogging format and its potential for connection with many people from various walks of life.

Second, a very positive cause: I'm dating someone. It's going well. And, this leaves less solitary time for writing.

But, I'm determined to keep this blog alive. It's been a labor of love for more than four years.

In that spirit:

On Sunday, I went to the 7 p.m. Mass at Old St. Pat's.

The day's scripture readings focused on humility. The Gospel, which I posted in 2007, was from Luke Chapter 14. In the passage, Jesus said:

"For every one who exalts himself will be humbled, but the one who humbles himself will be exalted.”

This is something I need to remember -- while exhibiting, tweeting, dating, blogging and all the other parts of this blessedly full life.

For reflections on Sunday's scriptures, visit Fran, A Concord Pastor, City Father, Fr. Mulcahy and Bishop Gumbleton.

The image above is from Evan.

2 comments:

Fran said...

Greetings Paul. You are busy *and* dating - good for you!

I really need help with Twitter, what is my problem that I cannot seem to "get" it?

May you have a fine trip to Cali; I am headed out there for a mini-vacation in October.

Jen Ambrose said...

Well, I'm happy to hear that you are seeing someone and it is going well!