Wednesday, April 08, 2020

COVID-19 Diary: Day 26

Dear Old Blog,

I'm glad I'm keeping this (modest) daily diary of these quarantine days. It's one point of discipline for me during a murky time.

I wish I could bring more discipline to this life, including a daily walk and improved sleep. I'm often up for an hour or so in the middle of night. This leads to daytime crankiness.

It's also a battle to keep the kitchen neat and tidy. When you eat every meal at home, dishes pile up. But, during the day, I'm supposed to working at my actual job, right?

I never thought I'd express the thought "I miss going to an office." But, I do miss it. There's something to be said for letting home be home and work be work.

But, Eric and I are alive and healthy and fully employed. No one among our immediate family or friends is battling COVID-19. We are blessed.

It seems wrong to complain about what is actually a quite comfortable existence.

Love,
Paul

No comments: