Tuesday, June 09, 2020

COVID-19 Diary: Day 88


Dear Old Blog,

The waves of grief that I first experienced last November when I mother died have returned. They come on hard. Then they leave.

I'm sleeping very poorly, up every few hours through the night.

My desire to make chit-chat has disappeared again (like it did last November). And, I'm usually very good at small talk.

Then there's the news. Ugh. I don't even know what to do with what's going on in the world. I'm praying America is still a democratic republic at the end of the year.

I need to get out of the house more. Eric and I went for a drive in the late afternoon today. We went through the drive-thru at the local Culver's and got fruit smoothies. 

Yes, I'm at the stage of grief where I'm doctoring with sugar ... no bueno.

Love,
Paul

No comments: