Wednesday, June 13, 2007

A New Chapter for Heidi

Yesterday, over at her blog "Life in Progress," my former co-worker and friend of many years, Heidi Price, announced the end of her 10-year tenure as a writer for the Observer-Reporter of Washington, PA.

When I began my under two-year stint as reporter at the O-R back in July, 1998, it was Heidi who took me around to the local police stations and showed me how to cover the "cops" beat. In the summer of 1999, Heidi and I co-wrote a tragic crime story that earned us a Golden Quill nomination from the Press Club of Western Pennsylvania for the "Best Spot News" story published that year in a medium-sized daily newspaper.

I've enjoyed Heidi's writing over the years and thought her blog was very good. In addition to her new PR gig in academia, here's a hope that she keeps on blogging.

I know she has many more wonderful stories to tell.

No comments: