Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Thank you, NJ!

I want to express my thanks to the West Essex Catholic Young Adults for asking me to join them last night for their Theology on Tap at the Cloverleaf Tavern in Caldwell, NJ.

A special thanks to their coordinator, Rosemary Azzaro, for the invitation. Congratulations on the excellent turn-out!

I was honored to speak about the presidential election, political engagement and "Faithful Citizenship" -- especially in such a relaxed, welcoming setting.

It also was great to see Sr. Loretta DeDomenicis from the Archdiocese of Newark Youth & Young Adult Ministry Office. I first met this Salesian dynamo when she was working at Mary, Help of Christians Parish in Manhattan in the '90s. Members of the Newman Club at NYU, led by Maria Shapiro, sometimes assisted with programs for Sr. Loretta's youth group at the parish.

I'm grateful, as well, to my buds Anthony and Heather for heading over from Teaneck for the occasion -- and to Tom Lauria for the lift back to the PATH station in Hoboken.

I met Tom last year on the Busted Halo retreat.

No comments: