Saturday, October 18, 2008

The Great Schlep

Advisory #1: I do not necessarily agree with the premise of the video I am posting below. In posting the video, I am not lobbying for Senator Obama.

Advisory #2: I AM NOT endorsing the language used in the video. If you are offended by the "a" word or the "f" bomb, do not click play.

But, I am posting this video because I find "The Great Schlep" original. It's the kind of creative, Internet-based, niche-group political activity that has helped propel Senator Obama to where he is today. I don't think thousands of young Jews are actually buying plane tickets to Florida. But, I do think it may have them picking up the telephone.

Here's Sarah:


The Great Schlep from The Great Schlep on Vimeo.

It's dismaying that the Republicans aren't doing similar kinds of niche outreach in key states and beyond. And, they should.

Confidential to the McCain campaign: my own grandma called me on Friday asking for advice on the prez vote. She's a strong pro-lifer who has yet to be inspired by either candidate. So, there's at least one GOP super voter senior citizen in Western Pennsylvania you have yet to lock up.

No comments: