Saturday, June 27, 2009

McSummerfest 2009

I have noticed an increase in blog traffic in the last day from folks searching for information on McSummerfest, the week-long concert series and carnival held in my hometown of McDonald, PA. The annual event is organized by the McDonald Volunteer Fire Department.

This blog is coming up high in the Google and AOL search results due to this post from last year as well as some campaign posts from 2006.

So, as a very, very small bit of a community service, I am pleased to provide a link to the schedule for McSummerfest 2009. Looks like a great line-up!

I regret I won't be able to make it back home for the festivities this week as I already have a trip planned to Western PA July 9 to 13 for a cousin's wedding.

I'm especially sorry to be missing the performance tonight at McSummerfest by The Clarks. (I had a great time at the band's December concert here in NYC.)

But, in honor of the occasion, here is a great live performance (recorded at Mr. Small's in Millvale) of The Clarks with "Born Too Late":



And, for good measure, here is the video for The Clarks' tune "Better Off Without You":

No comments: