Wednesday, December 09, 2009

A Religious Man? Oui.

Today is the 30th anniversary of the death of Archbishop Fulton J. Sheen.

The churchman and television personality died here in New York on December 9, 1979. His remains lie in the crypt beneath the main altar at St. Patrick's Cathedral.

To mark this anniversary, I could post one of Archbishop Sheen's famous quotes or perhaps a clip from his '50s network television show "Life is Worth Living."

But, the YouTube clip below is a little more fun -- and certainly speaks to Sheen's popular following in the mid-20th century:

2 comments:

Fran said...

Oh my - that was something to watch. It made me feel sad about an era that has gone by.

breadgirl said...

Hi
Like Fran, it made me feel sad, but just a little! It was a delight to watch and, like an awful of people of my generation, I adored Bishop Sheen and I still read his books. Thanks for posting this video. God bless you.