Saturday, March 21, 2020

COVID-19 Diary: Day 8

Dear Old Blog,

Saturdays are less fun when every day looks like a Saturday.

But, with the COVID-19 death toll rising and hospital supplies running low around the country, I'm not going to complain about being bored or being stuck in the house.

Eric and I are happy and healthy in our house in Lake Nona, FL. The weather has been beautiful. We're blessed.

A boring Saturday is just fine.

I made my Great-Grandma Vincenti's risotto for dinner tonight. It's a recipe she learned from her mother-in-law, an immigrant to America from northern Italy.

For the risotto broth, I used organic, no-salt-added chicken broth out of a box instead of the old-school salty canned variety. It was fine. Fine like a boring Saturday.

But salty tastes better.

Love,
Paul

No comments: