Thursday, August 17, 2006

A City Boy reflects on his first Washington County Fair experience

My wife, Erin, and I live across the street from where I spent the first 18 years of my life in the Greenfield/Squirrel Hill part of the city of Pittsburgh. Spending about 50 hours so far at the Washington County Fair has truly been an education for me. Paul has literally met thousands of voters and residents of the 46th District in the first five days of the fair. It is amazing to see how supportive the good people of Washington County are of the fair. I have seen and experienced some really interesting things, including seeing the animals who will be part of the 4-H Livestock auction on Friday and Saturday. I have had Chicken and Broccoli five times so far and might hit double digits by the time we close up shop on Saturday evening. Paul, Andy, and I have all been spending at least 70 or 80 hours a week on the campaign and have become a really strong team. Paul's supporters are amazing and we are so lucky for their loyalty and passion. I am proud to stand beside people like Andy, Meryl, Ernie, Betty B., Bonnie and Sandy, Jen, Debbie and James, Charlotte, John and Allison, the many Snatchkos, and so many others during these last 80 days of the campaign as we work as hard as possible to send Paul to Harrisburg. If you haven't been out to the fair yet, I definitely recommend it. Make sure to visit us and also give the Chicken and Broccoli a shot. You won't be disappointed!

No comments: