Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Happy Birthday, Betty!

Today is the 85th birthday of Betty Brodmerkel of Frankfort Springs Borough, a good friend and one of the great supporters of my State House races.

Each cycle, she collected more signatures for my nominating petitions than any other single individual except myself. That's in addition to the many, many hours of fundraising, networking and door-to-door campaigning she did on my behalf (along with the rest of our wonderful crew of supporters from southern Beaver County).

In addition to often supporting political candidates, Betty is an active volunteer for other community groups, including the Southside Historical Village Association. Currently, she's also at work on a book about the history of Frankfort Springs and Hanover Township, Beaver County.

Today, when I called Betty to wish her a happy birthday, she reminded me that she, too, once lived in New York City. For a few years during WWII, she worked at the Army Exchange in Manhattan and lived in Queens.

Happy Birthday, Betty! May God bless you and all you do!

No comments: