Friday, August 17, 2007

The Spy Who Lived

In time for the weekend, I thought I would share some quick movie thoughts:

Last Sunday, we caught "The Bourne Ultimatum."

It might be one of the better action movies I've seen in awhile -- and I was able to follow it despite having not seen the first two installments of the "Bourne" series.

Matt Damon did a credible job portraying the CIA hitman gone straight.

I enjoyed seeing Albert Finney on screen again ("Murder on the Orient Express" is a favorite). Joan Allen stole each of her scenes. And, Julia Stiles and David Strathairn also were fun to watch.

After "Bourne," we had a chance to see "Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix" (a second time for me, I guess I should admit).

I thought this latest movie of the "Harry Potter" franchise was well-done and a fair retelling of the Book No. 5 -- which was sometimes a difficult read due to the moodiness of the teenage Harry. I also liked the score by Nicholas Hooper.

I hope a future director's cut inserts a few elements from the book that didn't make it onto screen.

1 comment:

Scott said...

This is the movie to see
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DUcJWaC-2Co